A career in Massage Therapy will provide opportunities for:
• An exciting career in a choice of settings, including medical offices, wellness centers, sports and health clubs.
• Starting a private practice.
• Flexible job hours.
• Enhancing self-growth and a deeper sense of personal fulfillment.
• Helping people restore their health and well-being.
• Job growth
• Stepping stone to other health careers (P.T. or P.S., P.A.)
Queensborough Community College massage therapy degree program is academically accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The associates in applied science (A.A.S.) massage therapy degree was developed to meet the growing interest and ever-increasing demand for licensed massage therapists in New York City, Nassau County and the greater New York metropolitan area.
The QCC massage therapy program is known in the City University of New York (CUNY) as the Healing Arts program. The massage therapy program gives students an opportunity to participate in an inclusive health care education which incorporates the diversity of health perceptions in our ever-changing society. The massage therapy curriculum offers a strong foundation in the biological sciences, together with general education in the liberal arts.
The massage therapy courses encompass Eastern and Western massage techniques. Instructional formats include lectures, laboratory demonstrations, and supervised practice. Massage therapy classes are small, giving every student individualized attention from the highly qualified and experienced massage therapy faculty.
Queensborough Community College is accredited by Middle States Commission on Higher Education and is certified by the New York State Department of Education. Graduates of the QCC massage therapy program are eligible to take the New York State Licensing Examination for massage therapy.
- Credits (especially science credits) are transferrable to other colleges
- QCC is the only Public University offering a Massage Therapy Program.
- QCC Massage Program is Middle States Accredited.
- We have electives: Sports Massage, Hospital-based massage, Pregnancy massage where students get real-world experience trough our affiliation with North Shore Manhasset Hospital.
- Sports Massage allows students to work on athletes and dancers.
- Level of education of instructors (DPT, D.C., RRT) is comparable or better to any other massage program!
- Students can take advantage of "in-state tuition" - Affordable tuition.
- We have a person (Dr. Gene Desepoli)) teaching State Board review course to ensure student success
- Students will have QCC's tutoring resources available.
- Students get experience through our student clinic as well as various off campus service learning projects
Such as: Catholic Charities Bayside Senior Center, Queens College Law School, Health Fairs, etc.
- Our students take courses very similar to the courses they will be taking in a DPT / OT program (giving them an advantage).
- Students can attend part time or full time.