Lana Zinger Ed.D, CHES, R.D , - Department of Health, Physical Education, and Dance
Office --RFK 216C
- Doctoral Degree in Health and Behavioral Studies from Columbia University.
- Master's Degree in Nutrition and Exercise Physiology from Columbia University.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Human Nutrition-Dietetics from New York University.
- HE 101/ HE 102
- HE 101 ONLINE/ HE 102 Online-
- IS 151
- Online- IS 151PNET
- HE103- Online
- Independent Study
- My classroom allows students to develop a deep love and respect for themselves, their communities and their environment. I believe that a large part of my job as a teacher and mentor is to bring out the very best in my students, challenging them to exceed their own expectations. I believe that it is very important to approach teaching with enthusiasm and develop a good rapport with students. As a lifelong advocate of health, fitness and nutrition, I am committed to help my students achieve optimal health through simple daily decisions so they can live a healthy and happy life.
- Medication Adherence Among HIV Positive Adults In An Urban Clinic, VDM Publishing Critical Issues in Health: Kendall/Hunt Introduction to Public Health; Kendall/Hunt Health for Life: Kendall/Hunt Health of the Nations: Kendall/Hunt
- Co- authored Fundamentals of Nutrition and Health, Kendall/Hunt Published in peer reviewed journals on such topics as: Service Learning for Health Professionals; Veterans and PTSD; and Adherence to HIV Medications.
- Lana has been a keynote speaker and invited to present her research for organizations such as AAHPERD, ADA, FNCE, and NYMAPS on topics including: Weight Loss; Exercise; Type 2 Diabetes; Weight Management; Sports Nutrition; Prenatal and Maternal Nutrition; Cardiovascular Disease; Cancer and HIV/AIDS.
Academic and Professional Organizations:
- Co-president of the Greater New York Society for Public Health Education (GNYSOPHE) Member of the American Dietetic Association, Greater New York Dietetic Association, American Diabetes Association, Weight Management Dietetic Practice Group, and the Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance.
Grants received in:
- Service Learning
- Integrative Learning
- Registered Dietitian
- Certified Health Educator
- Exercise Physiologist