Students enrolled in the Massage Therapy Program must submit their medical requirements to the Office of Health Services within 60 days prior to the start of an academic semester.
The following are the nursing medical requirements:
History and Physical Examination (due yearly)
Urinalysis (due yearly)
Routine and microscopy (lab report required) or chemical dipstick (Practitioner note required)
QuantiFERON-TB Gold (lab report required - due yearly)
Chest x-ray report required only for positive QuantiFERON-TB Gold
Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis) vaccination (every 10 years)
Influenza vaccination (due yearly every Fall) (Lot # and Expiration Date)
Hepatitis B vaccination series
Hepatitis B surface antibody (HBsAb) titer (lab report required)
Hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) titer (lab report required)
Complete blood count (CBC) with differential (lab report required)
MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccination series
Rubeola (measles) IgG titer (lab report required)
Mumps IgG titer (lab report required)
Rubella (German measles) IgG titer (lab report required)
Varicella IgG titer (lab report required)
Varicella vaccination series
It is the student's responsibility to inquire about their medical requirements 60 days prior to the start of the academic semester. Therefore, students are required to visit the Office of Health Services 60 days prior to the start of an academic semester.
It is important that ALL massage therapy medical requirements be completed before they are submitted to the Office of Health Services.
Massage Therapy Students must make TWO copies of all medical records. Health Services will NOT make copies for you.
Don’t have health insurance? Want to know where you can get free vaccinations or lab reports on a sliding scale? You can contact the following places and find out more:
To get free vaccinations, please visit the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) website opens in a new window or call 311 for clinic days, times and locations.
For lab reports:
Take Care New York
All New Yorkers without health insurance, including people who are undocumented, can receive primary health care from the Community Health Centers and Child and family Health Clinics listed…
At these places medical providers are not allowed to turn you away if you cannot pay for care or because of your immigration status. They offer a sliding fee scale based on family size and income (depending on your income, you may pay nothing).
These health centers and clinics help patients who qualify to apply for public health insurance programs.
HHC: Child and Family Health Clinics (*MIC-Women's Health Services: provides prenatal and family planning services)
- Elmhurst Hospital Center, 79-01 Broadway, Queens, NY 11273, 718-334-4000
- Astoria Child Health Clinic, Astoria MIC Center*, 12-26 31st Avenue, Astoria, NY 11106, 718-334-6120
- Corona Child Health Clinic, 104-04 Corona Avenue, Corona, NY 11368, 718-334-6100
- Junction Boulevard Child Health Clinic, 34-33 Junction Boulevard, Jackson Heights, NY 11372, 718-334-6150
- Ridgewood Communicare Clinic, 769 Onderdonk Avenue, Ridgewood, NY 11385, 718-334-6190
- Medical Center at Sunnyside, 43-12 43rd Street, Sunnyside, NY 11104, 718-334-6230
- Woodside Houses Child Health Clinic, 50-53 Newtown Road, Woodside, NY 11377, 718-334-6140
- Queens Hospital Center, 82-68 164th Street, Jamaica, NY 11432, 718-883-3000
- Charles R. Drew Primary Care Center, 168-10 Archer Avenue, Jamaica, NY 11433, 718-883-5500
- Parsons Communicare Clinic, Jamaica MIC Center*, 90-37 Parsons Boulevard, Jamaica, NY 11432, 718-334-6440
- Jamaica MIC Center*, 90-04 161 Street, Jamaica, NY 11432, 718-523-2123
Community Health Centers
- Joseph P. Addabbo Family Health Center, 67-10 Rockaway Beach Blvd., Arverne, NY 11692, 718-634-2155
- Project Samaritan Health Services, Damian Family Health Care Center, 137-50 Jamaica Avenue, Jamaica, NY 11435, 718-298-5100
Nursing students can also contact the Community Healthcare Network at the following locations:
Queens Health Center, 97-04 Sutphin Blvd., Jamaica, NY 11435, 718-657-7088
- Adult medical care
- Adolescent health services
- Pediatric care
- HIV/AIDS medical care
- Prenatal care
- Family planning/Birth control
- Social work services
- HIV counseling and testing
- Dental services
- Other services
Please be advised you must call for an appointment first.