The Committee on Admissions
2017-2020: (6 Members)
Faculty Representatives (Name, Department, Term Ends)
- Jannette Urciuoli-Treue, Student Affairs (2019)
- Carol Alleyne, New Student Engagement Office (2019)
- Sharon Ellerton, Biological Sciences & Geology (2018)
- Kwai Bon Chiu, Mathematics (2018)
- Dehipawala, Sunil Physics (2020)
- Pearl, Kenneth History (2020)
- Bryan Chan
- Eun Jung Shin
- Daniela Teshima Valenzuela
- David Sarno, Chemistry, COC Liaison
- Richard Mako, Library, Steering Committee Designee
- Laura Bruno, Assistant Dean of Enrollment Management, Admissions and Recruitment, President's Liaison
Section 10. The Committee on Admissions
The Committee on Admissions shall consist of six (6) members of the instructional staff and three (3) student members who shall participate and vote only on matters of policy.
The Committee on Admissions shall:
- Formulate and recommend to the Academic Senate matriculation standards governing entrance of students to the various curricula and programs at Queensborough Community College.
- Formulate and recommend to the Academic Senate matriculation standards governing re-entrance of students to the various curricula and programs at Queensborough Community College.
- Consider appeals for matriculation and make decisions in accordance with Board of Trustees policies.