The Queensborough Community College Payroll Office is responsible for the preparation, reconciliation and review/audit verification of all Tax-Levy personnel employed at QCC. This includes the review, formal examination and verification of input approved by Human Resources Management as well as the final payroll processed through NYC Office of Payroll Administration.
This site covers a variety of Payroll issues and will hopefully answer whatever questions you may have to present. Below is a brief outline:
- Direct Deposit forms are available in the QCC Payroll department located in Bldg. A/ room A-406. This allows any eligible employee with an account at any Bank, Savings & Loan Association, Federal or State Chartered Credit Union or similar institution with that has Automated Clearing House (ACH) capabilities to have their ‘net’ salary deposited via EFT-electronic funds on a bi-weekly basis. A ‘voided’ personal check or a copy of a savings a/c statement is required for enrollment. The enrollment can be processed for the subsequent payroll. Participation in this popular program can be withdrawn at any time for cause or cancelled due to insufficient /negative Annual Leave balances.
- ORDERED WAGE DEDUCTION FORMS (Family Court, Tax Levies, Garnishments, etc. ) are reviewed and forwarded to the Comptroller’s Office, the City of NY.
- CHECK REPLACEMENT FOR LOST OR STOLEN PAYCHECKS: a Stop Payment on a paycheck must be initiated by an official ‘Stop Payment Request Form’ available in the Payroll Office (Bldg. A-Room A-406). The stop payment notice is forwarded to the NYC Comptroller’s office and an affidavit is sent to the employee. Within two to four weeks, a replacement check is mailed to the employee.
- UNCLAIMED PAYCHECKS NOT DISTRIBUTED by the Accounting office within six to eight weeks are forwarded to the QCC Payroll Office for follow up calls/e-mails and the best form of communication requesting pick up to avoid cancellation with the NYC Comptroller’s Office.
- W-4 and IT-2104 FORMS for withholding by Federal & State, respectively are available in the QCC payroll office. Additional taxes from Federal & State can be withheld from bi-weekly paychecks by submitting one of the signed forms of approval.
- W-2 WAGE ANDTAX STATEMENTS: Inquiries are investigated and researched if you ever believe there is a discrepancy in this annual payroll summary. Corrected and duplicate W-2 form requests are sent to the NYC Comptroller’s Office.
- TEACHING/NON-TEACHING ADJUNCTS should never begin working until all necessary paperwork has been submitted and approved through the Adjunct Services Office. All Adjuncts are paid based upon the requests submitted to the Adjuncts Services Office by the respective Department Chairperson with the correlating hours noted on the approved timesheets. Consult with the Adjunct Services Department located in Bldg. A-Room A-204.
- NYC Office of Payroll Administration has developed their own website at www.nyc.gov/payroll