Job ID: 7314
Location: Queensborough Community College
Department: Mathematics & Computer Science
Issue Date: December 13 2012
Closing Date: February 10 2013
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Faculty Vacancy Announcement:
- Performs teaching and related faculty functions in mathematics or mathematics/computer science.
- Serves on department and college-wide committees.
- Participates in departmental and college responsibilities, including curriculum development and grants
- Provides mentoring and advisement to students.
- Employs instructional methods and strategies appropriate for courses including, but not limited to, student-centered learning, active learning, online homework, learning communities, service learning, mathematical and statistical software packages and internet-centered educational technology.
- Assists in review and continuous improvement of remedial math sequence.
- Coordinates course materials and methods with other faculty.
- Participates in faculty development opportunities including workshops and college programs.
- Interested in productive scholarship or achievement.
Evening or weekend teaching may be required.
Bachelor's degree in mathematics, teaching experience, the ability to teach successfully, and ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution are required. Master's in mathematics, experience teaching in a diverse community college setting, and experience with educational technology preferred.
$47,328 - $58,011
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
How To Apply:
From our job posting system, select "Apply Now", create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, access the employment page on our web site and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title.
Candidates should provide a CV/resume.
Review of applications will begin after 45 days
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.