Job ID: 5934
Contract Title: Higher Education Assistant
Location: Queensborough Community College
Department: Kupferberg Holocaust Resource Center and Archives
Category: Managerial and Professional
Issue Date: June 08 2012
Closing Date: August 03 2012
Administers the operations of a museum, gallery, or art facility.
- Manages preservation, documentation, and management of a collection (e.g., acquisition, records management, cataloging, storage, security, maintenance and repair)
- Prepares in-house and/or traveling exhibits, including all necessary documentation, installation, and exhibition materials
- Responds to requests for information and/or loan, and all educational materials, researching the collection as needed
- Administers gallery activities, such as maintaining computerized records on equipment, materials, and other inventory; updating web pages, etc.
- Participates in organizing events, promotional efforts, and exhibition marketing
- Supervises daily gallery operations and maintenance of the collection
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Campus Specific Information:
The Assistant Director of the Harriet and Kenneth Kupferberg Holocaust Resource Center and Archives (KHRCA) at Queensborough Community College will assist the Executive Director in supporting the mission of the Center, which is to use the lessons of the Holocaust to address racism, prejudice and stereotyping.
In addition to the general duties listed above, campus specific responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the management, implementation, and documentation of grants connected to the KHRCA.
- Create a manual for the operations and responsibilities (business practices) in operating the Kupferberg Holocaust Center.
- Assist in fundraising efforts.
- Perform related work as required by the Executive Director.
Non-standard work hours may be required. This position may require some evening and weekend work hours as needed. It may require providing own transportation to travel to and from off-site locations.
Bachelor's degree and four years' related experience required.
- Four years of successful experience in instructional organizations dealing with museum exhibits, maintenance of artifacts, and those operational procedures developed by the American Association of Museums.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and familiarity with computer software for maintaining spreadsheets and databases.
Commensurate with experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
How To Apply:
To apply, please log on to www.cuny.edu. Navigate to Employment, click on application for employment, and then log into the applicant tracking program Job Postings on CUNY First. Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should click on the appropriate link to register. Applications should be submitted through CUNY First. Applicants must attach a cover letter, and resume or curriculum vitae. Resume, cover letter, and any supporting documents should be uploaded as a single document. Please follow instructions under How to Apply Online.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.