Job ID: 8058
Contract Title: Assistant to HEO
Location: Queensborough CC
Department: Communications and Marketing
Category: Managerial and Professional
Issue Date: May 15 2013
Closing Date: June 14 2013
Coordinates efforts of admissions and/or enrollment offices.
- Coordinates workshops, intake screenings, interviews and orientations for new students
- Counsels prospective applicants on requirements and standards and provides general information on programs and services in person or by telephone, e-mail or letter; conducts follow up as needed
- Assists in conducting open house sessions and orientations, including group sessions and programs at high schools and in the community at large
- Assists with day-to-day administration and an admissions or enrollment office, including scheduling and preparing and distributing materials
- Represents the Admission Office to the college’s internal and external communities as directed
- Maintains and updates program databases, lists and files to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Campus Specific Information:
Admissions Coordinator for Communication and Marketing assists with maintaining and updating the system and tools to produce cross-media communication with prospective and admitted students. Coordinator for Communication & Marketing will assist the Director with managing and coordinating prospective student and applicant communications, using the Hobson's EMT connect CRM. In addition, this position will work closely with the College's Department of Marketing and Communications on web, print, and advertising efforts in support of Admissions.
- Works in conjunction with the QCC Office of Information Technology and other technical staff to maintain the CRM, facilitate upgrades, and act as the liaison between the end-user and technical support group.
- Liaisons regarding data exchange of the CRM product and CUNY First; compile data, audit records, and generate reports as they pertain to Recruitment and Admissions.
- Assists with the creation of CRM communications.
- Assists with the planning strategies for and with key College units for usage with prospective and newly admitted students.
- Assists with the virtual advisor database and the content for the personalized/VIP web pages.
- Provides pre-admission services to prospective students and graduate applicants via phone, in-person, and email.
- Assists in the coordination of open houses, receptions, and yield activities for prospective and admitted students, including phone call initiatives and production of promotional materials and their implementation.
Bachelor's Degree required.
- Experience using Hobson's Connect, and/or other standard higher education industry admissions and recruiting systems/tools, including CRM, web-based, and online applications preferred
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Excellent communication skills, particularly writing skills, and extremely detail-oriented
- Experience in Admissions and/or Student Services preferred
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
How To Apply:
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.