Job ID: 6338
Location: Queensborough Community College
Closing Date: October 17 2012
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Faculty Vacancy Announcement:
Performs teaching and related faculty functions in area(s) of expertise.
In order to enhance its pool of candidates for possible teaching opportunities, Queensborough Community College is seeking applications and curriculum vitae from qualified applicants in the disciplines listed below. Some openings are available for the Fall 2012 term.
- Biological Sciences and Geology: fundamentals of life science, anatomy & physiology, general biology, microbiology, medical office assisting (code BIO)
- Business: accounting, computer information systems, IS, management, office administration and technology, medical coding and billing, electronic health records (code BUS)
- Chemistry: Fundamentals of Chemistry, Introductory Organic Chemistry, General Chemistry, and Organic Chemistry (Code CHE)
- Engineering Technology: electrical and computer technology, new media technology, telecommunications technology; manufacturing processes, HVAC, CNC Programming, Computerized Drafting (AutoCad) (code ET)
- English: freshman composition (code ENGL)
- Foreign Languages and Literatures: Arabic, Chinese, Italian, French, and Spanish (code FORL)
- Health, Physical Education & Dance: Archery, Badminton, Paddleball, and Table Tennis (code HPED)
- Library (code LIB)
- Social Sciences: criminal justice, psychology, economics, sociology, anthropology (code SOC)
- Speech Communication and Theatre Arts: teach public speaking (code SPTH)
Bachelor's degree in area(s) of expertise, and the ability to teach successfully.
Master's preferred; college teaching experience preferred. See below for specific departmental requirements:
- Biological Sciences and Geology: Master's degree required for anatomy and physiology, microbiology and general biology
- Business: appropriate Master's degree and teaching experience preferred
- Chemistry: appropriate Master's degree or Ph.D. in Chemistry
- Engineering Technology (for manufacturing processes, HVAC, CNC Programming, Computerized Drafting (AutoCad) positions): Master's degree in manufacturing, knowledge of manual machining and CNC programming
- English: progress toward Master's and teaching experience required; Master's preferred
- Health, Physical Education and Dance: health education - Master's required, doctorate preferred; physical education - Bachelor's required, Master's preferred, experience teaching yoga and aerobics
- Library: MLS required, academic library experience preferred
Candidates with Ph.D. or equivalent terminal degree may also apply as Adjunct Assistant Professor.
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
How To Apply:
From our job posting system, select "Apply Now", create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, access the employment page on our web site and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title.Candidates should provide a CV/resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.