Job ID: 6338
Location: Queensborough Community College
Issue Date: August 16 2012
Closing Date: September 15 2012
FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Performs teaching and related faculty functions in area(s) of expertise.
In order to enhance its pool of candidates for possible teaching opportunities, Queensborough Community College is seeking applications and curriculum vitae from qualified applicants in the disciplines listed below. Some openings are available for the Fall 2012 term.
- Biological Sciences and Geology: fundamentals of life science, anatomy & physiology, general biology, microbiology, medical office assisting (code BIO)
- Business: accounting, computer information systems, IS, management, office administration and technology, medical coding and billing, electronic health records (code BUS)
- Chemistry: Fundamentals of Chemistry, Introductory Organic Chemistry, General Chemistry, and Organic Chemistry (Code CHE)
- Engineering Technology: electrical and computer technology, new media technology, telecommunications technology; manufacturing processes, HVAC, CNC Programming, Computerized Drafting (AutoCad) (code ET)
- English: freshman composition (code ENGL)
- Foreign Languages and Literatures: Arabic, Chinese, Italian, French, and Spanish (code FORL)
- Health, Physical Education & Dance: Archery, Badminton, Paddleball, and Table Tennis (code HPED)
- Library (code LIB)
- Social Sciences: criminal justice, psychology, economics, sociology, anthropology (code SOC)
- Speech Communication and Theatre Arts: teach public speaking (code SPTH)
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
How To Apply:
From our job posting system, select "Apply Now", create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, access the employment page on our web site and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title.
Candidates should provide a CV/resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.