Job ID: 8059
Contract Title: Higher Education Assistant
Location: Queensborough CC
Category: Managerial and Professional
Issue Date: May 23 2013
Closing Date: June 24 2013
Supervises activities in an operational unit supporting Admissions and/or Enrollment.
- Oversees staff activities; plans and monitors employee scheduling and coverage and coordinates training
- Serves as liaison to one or more departments providing student support services, such as Financial Aid
- Coordinates selection process activities such as applications review, verification of information, and timely forwarding of data to other CUNY areas
- Coordinates mailings and other communications
- Monitors activity and reports on both transactions and outcomes
- Completes projects to improve services and enhance productivity and cost-effectiveness
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Campus Specific Information:
Reporting to Director of Enrollment Management, the Assistant Director of Transfer Services and Evaluation will represent Queensborough Community College, as it relates to transfer student recruitment and the coordination of a system of transcript evaluation. The successful candidate will possess a strong awareness of higher education, student services, and best practices.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Prepare and review all transfer credit evaluations for new students.
- Work with Office of Registrar to implement the Transfer Credit automated system.
- Oversee and assist in entering and maintaining equivalency rules in the CUNYfirst transfer credit evaluation system.
- Coordinate with on- and off-campus stakeholders to help the institution reach transfer enrollment goals.
- Serve as liaison with Academic Chairpersons to set protocol for Transfer credit rules.
- Implement business practices and workflows to improve the transfer credit process.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a transfer recruitment strategy using electronic communication and recruitment outreach.
Evening and weekend work may be required.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required.
It is preferred that the candidate has experience in the following areas:
- Establishing priorities, managing multiple demands, and meeting deadlines
- Working both independently and collaboratively, across departments, in a team-oriented environment
- Working in an admission/registrar office within a Higher Education setting preferred
In addition, successful candidate will have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills as well as strong organizational skills
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
How To Apply:
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.