Job ID: 9913
Contract Title: Assistant to HEO
Location: Queensborough Community College
Department: Academic Affairs
Category: Managerial and Professional
Issue Date: March 10 2014
Closing Date: April 14 2014
Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
- Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
- Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
- Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
- Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
- May supervise office staff and student workers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Coordinator
Campus Specific Information:
Reporting to the VPAA or designee, the Administrative Coordinator will maintain department fiscal plans and budgets, assist in budget administration and invoice processing, and support IRB processes handled by the Office of Academic Affairs.
- Maintain budget plans and budgets (tax levy and Research Foundation), invoice processing, and fiscal record keeping for the Office of Academic Affairs, and submit expense reports.
- Serve as liaison for OAA with the College's budget office.
- Maintain IRB records through IRBNet.
- Help faculty apply for IRB approval.
- Help faculty and staff submit authorization and reimbursement requests for OAA travel funds.
- Assist with the financial administration of OAA grants.
- Provide basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the Office.
- Assist in organizing meetings and special events sponsored by the Office.
Bachelor's Degree required.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Accounting or related field
- Experience in monitoring/tracking budgets preferred
- Knowledge of IRB procedures and IRBNet preferred
- Experience with compliance documentation preferred
- Familiarity with CUNYfirst desirable
- Proficient in MS Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, specifically in maintaining Excel financial schedules
- Ability to exercise independent thinking and judgment in sensitive matters
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a higher education setting with extensive contact with students, faculty, and administrative staff preferred
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
How To Apply:
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.