Job ID: 10069
Contract Title: Assistant to HEO
Location: Queensborough Community College
Department: Testing Services Center
Category: Managerial and Professional
Issue Date: January 13 2014
Closing Date: February 17 2014
Provides administrative support related to a College's academic testing function.
- Participates in the planning, scheduling and administration of a variety of
academic tests required by CUNY and/or the College
- Assists with the implementation of test security protocols; arranges for the
prompt scoring of all administered tests
- Establishes and maintains test files, databases and records; prepares
activity reports and analyses
- Serves as office technology liaison with other campus offices to facilitate
- Recruits and trains test proctors
- May prepare, distribute, collect and scan student faculty evaluations
- May supervise part-time and clerical staff and/or monitor department budget
- Performs related duties as assigned
Campus Specific Information:
Queensborough Community College is seeking a Testing Coordinator to assist the Testing
Manager in administering the operations of the Testing Office.
In addition to the duties listed above and reporting to the Testing Manager,
the Coordinator will:
- Assist in administering all initial and exit tests
- Assist in the supervision and management of the Testing Office in the
- Serve as backup to the Testing Manager at University Council meetings
The Testing Coordinator will be required to work evenings and weekends.
Bachelor's degree required.
This position requires strong analytical and computer skills with the ability to
handle multiple priorities and projects as well as proven writing ability.
- Experience working in a college setting
- Customer service experience, knowledge of scheduling, and budget process
- Managerial and organizational skills
Commensurate with experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
How To Apply:
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account,
and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must provide a resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.