Job ID: 9702
Contract Title: Higher Education Assistant
Location: Queensborough Community College
Department: Accounting and Related Entities
Category: Managerial and Professional
Issue Date: November 14 2013
Closing Date: December 14 2013
Coordinates matters related to procurement under management direction.
- Maintains accounts, budgets, contracts, agreements, and documentation related to the procurement process
- Analyzes procurement practices, procedures, and responsibilities, developing process documentation and indentifying potential improvements
- Maintains College and University systems that manage and track procurement activities
- Assumes responsibility for selected procurement projects
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Campus Specific Information:
Reporting to the Manager of Purchasing, the successful candidate will be responsible for processing Queensborough contracts and capital project administration for the procurement department, working as necessary with QCC Accounting, the City Controller's Office, and CUNY Management.
The Procurement Specialist will work with the senior management team, the accounts payable and receiving departments, as well as all customer departments to develop, document, and enhance the end-to-end pay to procure process. The candidate will work in a team environment identifying opportunities to eliminate and streamline workflow and improve efficiency. The candidate will also participate in the development of formal Requests for Proposals (RFP), competitive bidding, and other procurement projects as assigned by management. Evening and weekend hours may be required at times during the year.
Bachelor's degree and four years' related experience required.
- Experience working with an ERP system in a public higher education setting
- Working knowledge and experience with CUNYfirst is highly desired
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment is essential
- Understanding of the entire pay to procure process and demonstrated ability to analyze and improve operations is essential
- Strong analytical, managerial, and technical skills required
- Excellent written and oral skills are essential
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
How To Apply:
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must provide a resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.