Job ID: 9701
Contract Title: Higher Education Assistant
Location: Queensborough Community College
Department: Accounting and Related Entities
Category: Managerial and Professional
Issue Date: November 14 2013
Closing Date: December 14 2013
Manages Accounts Payable functions at the College or Unit level.
- Oversees day-to-day Accounts Payable activities and staff
- Interprets rules and regulations from CUNY, New York State and/or New York City; develops compliance practices and monitors activity
- Develops policies and procedures to enhance the effectiveness of payment activities and service levels
- Assists in implementing, upgrading, and managing automated payment systems
- Reviews data entry activities, identifying and resolving data quality issues
- Investigates and reports on payment histories and other information for management
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Campus Specific Information:
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager, the Finance Payment Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Train college staff on the procurement and accounts payable process.
- Oversee invoice matching and processing including necessary follow up and issue resolution with vendors and staff.
- Account for and process of college procurement card transactions.
- Research supplier inquiries and resolve issues and/or disputes.
- Work with departments users to ensure efficient processing of accounts payable, travel, and employee reimbursements.
Evening and weekend hours may be required at times of the year.
Bachelor's degree and four years' related experience required.
- College or University experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential
- Ability to train individuals and groups in procedures and process
- CUNYfirst experience highly preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Excel required
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
How To Apply:
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must provide a resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.