Job ID: 11003
Contract Title: Assistant to HEO
Location: Queensborough Community College
Category: Managerial and Professional
Issue Date: July 09 2014
Closing Date: August 08 2014
Review of Resumes to Start: July 23 2014
Provides operational support for College registration operations
- Advises students of academic and administrative requirements; assists with registration
- Interprets and communicates academic policies and procedures; provides information to prospective and enrolled students in registration and records-related areas
- Compiles, generates and updates reports and surveys containing enrollment data
- Maintains compliance with established record release procedures, including the Family Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Collaborates with other College and University offices to assist with resolutions of student registration and record problems
- May participate in activities related to course scheduling and maintaining the Master Course File
- May monitor and revise the content of the Registrar's Office web pages and other communication materials
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Enrollment Registrar Coordinator
Campus Specific Information:
Working under the direction of the Registrar and Associate Registrar (for Graduation/Degree Audit/Curriculum), this position will be responsible for completing complex graduation audits using CUNYfirst and DegreeWorks. The individual will work with Financial Aid to resolve TAP issues stemming from DegreeWorks/FACTS. This position will assist in creating the final exam schedule in coordination with academic departments including using Excel to create pivot tables, etc.
Must be available to work evenings and weekends
Bachelor's Degree required
- Familiarity with Queensborough's curriculum requirements preferred
- Related experience in a Registrar's office and working knowledge of a student data base system are strongly preferred
- Working experience with DegreeWorks and CUNYFirst preferred
- Excellent computer skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office and database skills required including use of pivot tables in Excel
- Ability to establish and foster collaborative working relationships with academic offices, administrators, staff, and students required
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills required; detail oriented and the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
Commensurate with experience and credentials and subject to collective bargaining agreement
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
How To Apply:
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.