Job ID: 10853
Contract Title: Higher Education Associate
Location: Queensborough Community College
Department: Office of the Bursar
Category: Managerial and Professional
Issue Date: June 06 2014
Closing Date: July 06 2014
Review of Resumes to Start: June 20 2014
Manages a College student accounts function and related activities.
- Participates in developing and implementing strategies, policies and procedures to ensure the prompt billing and timely collection of student receivables
- Manages daily office operations; supervises the accuracy and security of student revenue transactions; enforces College and University policies regarding the collection of tuition and fees
- Analyzes office performance against revenue targets and other relevant benchmarks; recommends and implements improvements
- Assists management with developing strategic plans, evaluating outcomes and ensuring compliance with legal requirements
- Prepares analytical and statistical reports for management
- May serve as College's Return to Title IV Compliance Officer
- May manage professional and/or clerical staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Enrollment Bursar Manager
Campus Specific Information:
Reporting to the Enrollment Bursar Director, the Bursar Manager will perform these additional duties:
- Oversee the Bursar and Collections functions in the PeopleSoft Campus Solutions system.
- Manage and cross train the Bursar staff in the Bursar operations as well as general Financial Aid and Registrar functions and/or inquiries.
- Supervise the review and collection of past due accounts.
- Develop and update training and processing manuals.
- Work with the Director to create policies that streamline business processes and foster working relationships with related student services.
- Prepare presentations and conduct workshops for student orientations and train administrators to conduct workshops.
- Represent the Bursar at meetings and committees.
Evening hours will be required.
Bachelor's Degree and six years' related experience required
- Master's degree and minimum of five years managing a Bursar staff preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with the Financial Aid and Registrar modules of PeopleSoft as they relate to the collection of revenue preferred
- Experience working with and developing bursar business processes and procedures
- Proficiency in creating and using Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Commensurate with experience and qualifications
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
How To Apply:
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.