Job ID: 10682
Contract Title: Custodial Assistant
Location: Queensborough Community College
Department: Buildings And Grounds
Category: Support Staff
Issue Date: May 09 2014
Closing Date: November 21 2014
Under supervision, performs work of ordinary difficulty in cleaning public buildings and their immediate grounds; performs related light labor.
There is no Assignment Level for this position. All personnel perform related work. This specification describes typical assignments; related duties may be assigned as needed.
- Sweeps, damp mops, and wet mops office floors, toilets, corridors, lobbies, and other assigned floor areas.
- Cleans washbasins and other toilet room facilities.
- Washes walls by hand with a brush or by using an electric machine.
- Scrubs floors with an electric machine; waxes and polishes floors.
- Hand scrubs stairs and stair landings.
- Empties waste basket and disposes of refuse.
- Vacuums and cleans rugs, carpets, and upholstered furniture.
- Dusts and removes and cleans window coverings such as blinds.
- Performs shoulder high dusting of walls.
- Dusts and polishes furniture and metal work.
- Cleans mirrors and glass in bookcase, doors, and restrooms.
- Washes electric light fixtures.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies in toilets.
- Sweeps sidewalks and removes snow from sidewalks; washes sidewalks and lower portion of buildings with brush and hose.
- Replaces bulbs and fuses.
- Attends a low pressure heating plant.
- May occasionally operate an elevator, move furniture, or act as watch person.
- Reports broken equipment.
- Observes safety and environmental health precautions as directed.
- Puts up safety warnings and/or stanchions for wet floors or other areas for limited access during cleaning.
- Sorts refuse for recycling.
- Cleans small kitchens and/or coffee service areas.
There are no formal education or experience requirements.
There are certain medical and physical requirements as established by University management.
New Hire: $12.70/hr*
*This amount reflects a 13% salary suppression in effect for the first 24 months of employment only.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
How To Apply:
To apply, go to www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.