Job ID: 10681
Contract Title: College Laboratory Technician
Location: Queensborough Community College
Department: Mathematics And Computer Science
Category: Managerial and Professional
Issue Date: May 05 2014
Closing Date: June 04 2014
Review of Resumes to Start: May 19 2014
FLSA: Non Exempt
Performs highly-skilled laboratory functions and other technical duties in support of coursework.
- Sets up, maintains, and organizes student laboratories
- Assists students with setting up experiments and other learning exercises, and with the use of equipment and materials
- Maintains appropriate safety and hygiene standards
- Maintains required documentation related to laboratory activities
- Manages equipment and materials inventories.
Job Title Name: College Laboratory Technician
Campus Specific Information:
Assist with PC support (Windows platform), peripheral repairs, network printer maintenance, mobile smart cart deliveries, and classroom smart podiums support. Assist faculty and students with assignments during scheduled lab sections and help computer lab staff supervise the Computing Facilities.
High School Diploma with a minimum of four years' related experience. Additional education may be used to meet the experience requirement: an Associate degree may be substituted for two years experience, and a Bachelor's degree may be substituted for four years experience.
- Working knowledge of Windows 7/Windows 8 and MS Office
- Experience with the following software- C++, Visual Studio, Minitab and Maple, recent experience with instructional technology, projection systems, and document presenters
- Working knowledge of motherboards, memory, and power supplies; experience with software installations, updates, and fix packs
Commensurate with experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
How To Apply:
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.