Getting Ready for ST 100
Welcome to QCC, the Counseling Center’s website, and ST 100. As an incoming, full time freshman, you will be taking ST-100. Below is some helpful information about the course.
What is ST 100? ST 100 is a freshman orientation course designed to help you acclimate to QCC and become a successful student. The course is taught by Counselors from the QCC Counseling Center. All full time freshmen are required to take the course. Your ST class will begin either the first week of the semester, or approximately 6 weeks after the semester begins depending on when you were registered as an incoming freshman.
- I don't currently see ST-100 on my schedule. How can I check the start date? Your ST 100 class is starting:
- For fall semester students: During the first week of the semester or in September/October
- For spring semester students: During the first week of the semester or in February/March
- Go to www.qcc.cuny.edu
- Go to Log In on the top of the page.
- Click on CUNYfirst.
- Go to Self Service on the left side of the screen.
- Go to Student Center found in the middle of the screen.
- Click on weekly schedule underneath your schedule.
- Click on next week on your weekly schedule until you see ST 100.
Do I have to attend this class?YES. ST 100 is a freshman orientation course that all first time full time freshmen must take and successfully complete.
- What if I decide not to attend the class? If you don’t attend this important class, you will:
- Be required to retake it in January (for fall students) or July (for spring students).
- Not be able to register for the following semester until you successfully complete and pass the course.
How long is this course? Your ST 100 class is (5) weeks. However, within those (5) weeks, you will be taught a total of (10) lessons. Five of those lessons will be face to face (in the classroom) and the other five you will do online via Blackboard.
What if I am not familiar with Blackboard? Don’t worry, in your first ST 100 class your professor will discuss more information about the course, including class requirements, the attendance policy and all about Blackboard.
What will I learn from ST 100? In ST 100 we cover important information such as the Academy you belong to, valuable study skills, tips on managing your time, using the student advisement degree audit, help on getting acclimated to QCC, ways to positively cope with stress, information on healthy relationships and much more!
The goal of the course is to help you acclimate to college, learn valuable skills along with academic information, and assist you to succeed both personally and academically.
What if I have questions about the class or can’t find the information in CUNYfirst? If you have questions about your ST course, feel free to contact the Counseling Center at 718-631-6370 or come to the Library building, room 422.
- I am enrolled in ST-101, not ST-100. Is this OK?
Yes, this is fine. ST-101 is also a freshman orientation courses taught by the counselors from the Counseling Center. However, this course is a full semester, in class (face to face), credit bearing course and is taken in lieu of ST-100. Click Here to read more about ST-100 and ST-101.
- What else can the Counseling Center help me with? The Counseling Center is here to offer you support. If you feel you would like to speak to a counselor individually about anything that is going on for you that may be interfering with your ability to succeed academically or personally, we welcome you to visit us! We also provide career counseling. During the semester our office also runs groups. You can learn more about our office by clicking on What We Do in the left menu. Feel free to schedule an appointment with us by calling 718-631-6370 or coming to our Center in the Library building, room 422.