Computer –Aided Drafting Assistant
Description: • Assists in preparing drawings utilizing computer-aided drafting, and creates simple drawings.
• Assists in crating maps using a geographic information system (GIS)
• Creates illustrative graphs and charts.
• Letters maps, plans, charts, graphs and reports.
• Changes titles and dimensions.
• Make plot field notes, cross sections and profiles.
• Performs simple computations in connection with engineering projects, as requires.
|Type of Opportunity
||Rockville Centre, NY
|Field of Study
||High School degree or higher
|Special Skills & Requirements
||• Knowledge of the principles and practices of computer-aided drafting.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of computer-aided mapping, including geographic information system (GIS) applications.
• Knowledge of the practical methods of drafting.
• Knowledge of algebra and geometry.
• Ability to learn to read and understand surveys and coordinates.
• Ability to maintain records.
• Completion of a regionally accredited or New York State registered program of instruction (minimum of thirty  credits or 450 hours) in Computer-Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) may be substituted for the one year of experience as outlined above.
• Completion of one year (30 credits) of education at a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university, including or supplemented by six (6) credits in Computer-Aided Drafting, Computer-Aided Mapping/Cartography or Geographic Information Systems, may be substituted for the one year of experience as outlined above.
• Experience, as outlined above, in excess of the one year requirement may be substituted for high school education on a year-for-year basis up to a maximum of two years.
||Village of Rockville Centre
||1 College Place; Rockville Centre, NY 11570
|About the Company:
|How To Apply:
||Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to your search results | Start a new Search