|Special Skills & Requirements
||1. A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or 2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in "1" above; or 3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or 4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in "1" above.
Qualification Requirements (continued)
NOTE: The following types of experience are not acceptable: superficial use of preprogrammed software without complex programming, design, implementation or management of the product; use of word processing packages; use of a hand held calculator; primarily the entering or updating of data in a system; the operation of data processing hardware or consoles.
• Strong experience with Solaris 10/11, Solaris Containers/Zones/Domains/LDoms.
• Strong experience with Solaris jumpstart/kickstart.
• Strong experience with shell and/or perl scripting.
• Experience in RHEL Linux administration and support experience.
• Experience with AIX 6.1/7.1, LPAR/VIOS.
• Knowledge of VMware administration and support experience.
• Knowledge of VMware vSphere (ESX and ESXi), vCenter Operations Manager.
• Strong knowledge of Server virtualization, micro partitioning, Dynamic LPAR, LDOM, Zones, VMware VM.
• Strong Knowledge of GPFS and Oracle RAC Architecture, configuration and implementation.
• Ability to provision bare metal installs, configure, operate and maintain systems.
• Experience with IBM, EMC and Hitachi Storage Systems.
• Experience with IBM Tivoli Monitoring and/or BMC Patrol.
• Working with an enterprise wide, large scale implementation.
• Experience with Symantec/Veritas NetBackup. VMware NetBackup implementation experience a plus.
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills are required.
• Experience in working within a matrix environment.
• Ability to plan and prioritize work and meet project deadlines.
• Must be self-motivated and work well with other groups.