The Office of Career Services: Tool Kit of Professional Skills
The Office of Career Services can help prepare you to conduct a successful job search. Whether you are pursuing an internship, seeking a part-time job to help with expenses, or trying to land your first professional full-time position, we can help.
To be successful you need to develop a tool kit of essential skills. Learning about job search techniques, including networking; constructing a quality resume; writing an impressive cover letter and thank you note; and polishing your interviewing skills are crucial elements. We urge you to take advantage of our expertise and experience so that you can compete effectively in the job market. Remember that regardless of the status of the job market, it is always challenging to separate yourself from the competition.
After reviewing the areas below please visit us during walk-in hours or make an appointment to see a staff member in the Office of Career Services.
- Resume Format- (pdf) Acrobat Download
- Sample Objectives
- Action Words for Resume Writing- (pdf) Acrobat Download
- Skills to Include in Your Resume
- Sample Format of Cover Letter- (pdf) Acrobat Download
- Sample Format of Thank You Letter- (pdf) Acrobat Download
- OptimalResume Overview
- Developing Soft Skills
- Creating A Job Search Plan
- Ten Tips for a Successful Job Search
- Job Search Techniques
- Resume Critique Checklist
- Cover Letter Checklist
- Interviewing Tips
- Interview Take-Along Checklist
- Frequently Asked Interview Questions
- Keep Your Social Profile Professional
- Eight Tips for Job Fair Preparation
- Finding Job Fair Success
- E-Mail Etiquette