Computer Information Systems
Are you a problem solver?
Computer Information Systems (CIS) uses computer systems and computing tools to solve business problems.
DO YOU LIKE TO WORK WITH COMPUTERS?
Every modern organization utilizes computer-based technologies. Computer and information systems managers play a vital role in the technological direction of their organizations. Businesses always need CIS professionals to create and maintain their computer systems.
DO YOU LIKE HAVING A MARKETABLE SKILL?
Over 90% of businesses use the software that is taught in Queensborough’s Computer Information Systems program.
CIS at Queensborough:
This program is designed to provide Queensborough students with strong academic preparation in both business and liberal arts and sciences. The curriculum:
- provides an in-depth understanding of the principles of information systems, systems analysis, and computer programming;
- expands knowledge of practical computing techniques by providing many “hands-on” projects and applications; and
- enables students to use the computer as an effective management decision-making tool.
DID YOU KNOW?
- The CIS program at Queensborough is a hands-on learning experience.
- 150 state-of-the-art microcomputer workstations are available to all CIS students.
- Six large microcomputer laboratories provide ready access to students during and after class hours.
- Instruction is personalized, and classes are small (a maximum of 24 students per class).
- Each student has an individual computer to use in every class.
- The Queensborough student body represents over 137 countries.
- Tuition is affordable, and financial aid is available.
- Class schedules are flexible – day, night and weekend classes are offered.
After Queensborough …
For more information on the CIS program,
Contact the Business Department,
Administration Building, Room 405;
telephone: 718-631-6245 or