Part of welcoming you to Queensborough Community College, is imparting information that will expedite the employment process and ensure that all compliances are understood and met. So, see what will be needed to get you started, once you have received an offer from your hiring department!
For All Persons Newly Hired in Adjunct Titles:
- Upon completing the original CUNY Employment Application, the hiring supervisor will review, approve, and forward to the Office of Academic Affairs for final approval.
- A member of The Office of Adjunct Services will contact you to schedule an on-campus appointment for employment processing.
- Employment processing must occur prior to the start of your appointment in an adjunct title.
The steps involved in employment processing at Queensborough Community College are:
- Finalizing the application
- Presentation of employee’s documents to complete the work eligibility authorization (I-9)
- Presentation of an original, signed Social Security Card
- Completion of current year’s tax forms (W4 & IT2104)
- Conduct the Oath of Allegiance
- Obtain the CUNY Sexual Harassment Education and Assessment information
- Current Workload Reporting Form
- Review and accept the Expectations of Employment
- Sit for a college ID card- valid for one year
- Submit direct deposit documents (if interested) to the appropriate department.
- Participate in a one-to-one new adjunct employment orientation.
NOTE: In addition to the process indicated above, every individual seeking employment in The City University of New York higher educational system in a faculty or professional rank is required to complete the application process, which is the following:
- An original, complete, dated, and signed Employment Application
- An official transcript of the highest earned degree (if degree is earned outside of the U.S., the foreign degree must be evaluated by The World Education Services)
- (3) Three, recently dated (within the last year), and signed professional letters of reference on letterhead.
The documents related to the Application Process should be directed to the hiring chairperson or managing director, as quickly as possible.
We truly look forward to working with you!