What to do if your class is cancelled
If you have paid your bill but one of your classes has been cancelled, first try to register in another section of the same course as soon as possible. TO REGISTER FOR ANOTHER SECTION OF THIS COURSE:
- Check the on-line schedule for open sections through your CUNYfirst account:
- Register for the new section on your CUNYfirst account.
- If all sections of this course are closed – you may inquire about a signed over-tally form from the department office to be registered for a closed section.
If you have paid your bill but one of your classes has been cancelled and no seats are available in other sections of the same course, carefully consider the following:
- Do you need this class for full-time student status (12 equated credits or more per semester) in order to qualify for financial aid, health insurance eligibility or other programs that require you to be a full-time student? If so, register for another course that meets requirements for your program of study.
- Do you need this particular class for graduation (this semester)? If so, consult with the Chairperson of the department offering the class.
Printable version - What to do if your class is cancelled (PDF)