REINSTATEMENT APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING APPLICATION FORMS
- Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status (Form I-539). Complete this form electronically through USCIS ELIS or print it out and send it in.
- If you want to use USCIS ELIS, we recommend that you save and print out a draft of the form and bring it to us for review before submitting it.*
- If you want to submit it in paper form, you will need to print out the form and sign it in blue ink.
*If you want our office to help track the adjudication of your application, enter our office address as the “in care of” address instead of your own. Please note that we are simply helping you with your application and are not responsible for it.
You are appealing to immigration to permit you to continue your studies at Queensborough! You must write your request with that in mind. It is up to you to convince the immigration officer who will review your application that you deserve to have your F- 1 status returned to you so you may continue your U.S. studies.
2. Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance. This form is only if you are going to submit your application in paper form. Go to uscis.gov, complete, print it out, and sign in blue ink.
ATTACH THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS TO YOUR APPLICATION
2. Completed I-20 application (http://www.qcc.cuny.edu/isa/)
3. Sponsor’s paystubs for the past three months
4. Sponsor’s bank statement showing account activity and deposit history for the past three months
5. Sponsor’s current tax return or W-2
6. Written statement explaining the reason for your status violation and request that you be reinstated
7. Photocopies of all previous I-20 you have been issued
8. Copy of your F1 visa
9. Copy of the identification page of your passport (passport must be unexpired)
10. Original form I-94 or printout if you were not issued a paper I-94 upon arrival in the U.S. (www.cbp.gov/I94)
11. $370 fee paid in a check or money order addressed to the Department of Homeland Security
12. Copy of your SEVIS fee payment receipt (if status violation older than five months)
13. Your new Queensborough I-20 requesting reinstatement
- If you are not submitting your application electronically through USCIS ELIS, make photocopies of your application and send it to the USCIS Dallas Lockbox Facility at the address indicated on the I-539 instructions at http://www.uscis.gov/i-539. It must be sent through U.S. certified mail or other courier service. If you have requested that our office help with your application, we recommend that you use our office address on your delivery receipt so we can help you with tracking its adjudication.
- USCIS will likely take several months to process your application. If you requested that our office help you with your application, the response will be sent to us and we will contact you immediately. YOU SHOULD CONTINUE YOUR FULL-TIME STUDIES AS USUAL. IF YOU ALREADY HAVE AN ON-CAMPUS JOB, YOU MAY CONTINUE TO WORK WHILE YOUR APPLICATION IS BEING PROCESSED.
- If you decide to travel before you receive an answer to your application, you may jeopardize your pending application. Please consult with your international student adviser first!
PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE ANY ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS.