Please click here to receive our current catalog at your address.
Some Frequently Asked Questions:
▪ Confirmations are mailed out following payment for class registration. Double check this information to insure correct class registration, dates, times, policies, rooms.
▪ If you have NOT received either official confirmation of payment OR communication that your class request was closed out/cancelled, please contact our office staff to clarify registration and obtain your room assignment.
▪ Refunds will NOT be processed for missed classes based on failure to receive mailed confirmations. What happens if I’m closed out of a course or if the course is cancelled or details are changed?
▪ The Office makes every attempt possible to notify you in either case; confirm your current telephone number(s) at registration.
▪ You will receive a full refund for courses cancelled by the College.
▪ The College reserves the right to cancel any course, to make changes in fees or substitutions in faculty, to change days/hours when necessary. Every effort is made to provide corrected information as soon as possible should the bulletin or other printed materials containing course information be modified.
How do I find my class?
▪ Registration confirmations contain room assignments for most classes. Use the map printed on the reverse side of the confirmation to identify campus buildings.
▪ If a room assignment is not shown on your confirmation, please call the office (718-631-6343) at least one day prior to scheduled class start.
▪ If a room assignment or other change is made just prior to class, a notice will be placed on the door of the Continuing Ed Office, Library Building Room 118P, and on the door of the originally assigned classroom.
▪ If further clarification is needed, check with the Office in L-118P (see office hours on inside back cover.)
Can I park on campus?
▪ PARKING UPDATES: Effective January 2013, parking tokens will no longer be accepted on campus. You will be required to obtain a QCCOne Card (available in the CE Office) if you wish to park on campus. Funds called Tiger Dollars can be added to this card and used for Parking, Copying and Food purchases. Monies can be added to the card at: Machines located in the Administration Bldg-1st Floor & the Library-2nd Floor next to copy machines OR Online with $25 minimum payment via QCC Website OR iPhone web-browser/app "Blackboard Transact eAccounts" for CUNY Queensborough CC)
Lot Openings —
Lot 1: Mon–Fri, evening hours Sat. and Sun., all day
Lot 2 & 6: Mon–Fri, all day
Lot 5: Mon–Fri, daytime hours
College Rules and Regulations
All participants in the QCC Continuing Education program must follow the College’s rules and regulations.
Tax Deduction of Expenses
An income tax deduction may be allowed for expenses of education undertaken to maintain current professional skills and jobs.
Many of our training opportunities and skill enhancement offerings may qualify for vouchers and reimbursement through various sources.
Union Members • Employees and members of local and national unions may be eligible for a partial or full reimbursement of courses. Please contact your union representative for information.
Department of Veteran’s Affairs • Vouchers accepted for certificate training programs. For more information and requirements, please visit www.va.gov
Vocational and Educational Services for Individuals with Disabilities (VESID) • Vouchers are accepted for certificate training programs. For more information and requirements, please visit www.vesid.nysed.gov
Workforce Investment Act (WIA) • Qualified unemployed individuals can receive vouchers for career training or to upgrade skills. Please contact the Jamaica Workforce at 718-557 6755 or visit www.workforcenewyork.org
The nation's leading education services institution is now offering student loans for non-credit Continuing Education courses. Please check with other lenders, as well.
To contact Sallie Mae:
Call: (877) 279-7172
QCC does not endorse any specific lender
Scholarships Available to Continuing Education Students Inquire when Registering The Helena Rubenstein Foundation is offering competitive scholarships to students enrolling in vocational, noncredit programs who have not earned an Associate or Bachelor degree. Applications are available through the Continuing Education Office or through your program coordinator. Please contact the Office of Continuing Education @ 718.631.6343 for scholarship details and application. Due date: January 7th.
Scholarship applicants now also have the option to start their application process via the following link: https://cunysud.formstack.com/forms/hrf_jan2015
College Opportunity to Prepare for Employment/C.O.P.E. in conjunction with the Human Resources Administration (HRA) provides Queensborough Community College students receiving Public Assistance the support services they need for their college career. C.O.P.E.'s goal is to help students become successful college graduates and find long-term economic self-sufficiency and independence through gainful employment. For academic advisement, career counseling, job placement (full and part-time), resume preparation assistance, interview preparation—including free new and fashionable clothing and accessories (in conjunction with Edith’s Place and Dress for Success) and a variety of other services for those students receiving "P.A." Talk to us about qualifying for our free MetroCard and/or gift card. For more information, please contact Mary Casatelli, Director - Phone: 718.281.5147 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
▪ Courses under $25 are excluded from the registration fee. Matriculated QCC students in full-time credit courses are also exempt from this fee.
▪ Students who are enrolled in Free courses must pay the $15 registration fee.
▪ No refunds are issued for 1-day course sessions.
▪ A student who has submitted a bad check, or who stopped payment on a check to the College, will not be permitted to pay by check again. In these cases, payment must be by cash, money order, or credit card only. A fee of $15 will be charged for a bad check.
▪ A paid invoice is needed for class admission. The fee for a duplicate invoice is $5.00
Discount Policy for Seniors:
SENIOR CITIZENS (OVER 65 YEARS):
▪ All Continuing Education courses are offered at a discounted rate (see below) on space-available bases. Seniors are required to pay the $15 registration fee. First time registrants must apply for discounts at the time of registration and submit appropriate proof.
▪ 5% off all applicable/eligible courses less than $150.
▪ 10% off all applicable/eligible courses with tuition of $150 or more.
▪ * Excludes 50+ Club Members
QCC Alumni Association Members:
▪ All Alumni must be dues paying members of the QCC Alumni, and not just graduates of the College. They must show their QCC Alumni Card, with appropriate validation, to our office in order to be considered for an alumni discount when registering for Continuing Education courses at QCC.
▪ All eligible QCC Alumni will receive a 5% discount and a waiver of the $15 registration fee for all Continuing Education courses offered at QCC.
▪ The Discount and Registration waiver is only for the QCC Alumni member and not extended to members of their family.
The Office of Continuing Education adheres strictly to the following refund policies:
▪ All requests for refunds must be submitted in writing, by mail, fax, or in person.
Non-attendance does not constitute a withdrawal.
▪ No refund is given for courses which meet for only one or two sessions.
▪ No refund is given after the second class is in session.
▪ Materials fees are not refundable.
▪ The $15 registration fee is not refundable.
▪ Refunds are computed as of the date on which official notification is received by this office as follows: 90% refund 3 days prior to first class meeting. 75% refund prior to second class meeting (for courses that have more than two meetings). A refund takes approximately 4-5 weeks after the Office of Continuing Education receives your request. Refunds are made to the credit card or by check only to the payer of record.
For processing your refund request, please contact
Michelle Brown @ MBrown@qcc.cuny.edu