Chief Financial Officer
||Plan, direct, and coordinate the financial activities of an organization at the highest level of management. Includes financial reserve officers.
A.A.S. Management: Marketing Concentration
A.S. Business Administration (Accounting and Marketing)
||Employment of chief financial officers is expected to experience little or no change through 2018. Opportunities will vary by industry with healthcare offering more jobs and manufacturing fewer.
||Typically, a Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college (some are 5 years) is required to be considered for this occupation.
- Weighing out the options in a situation or a problem and logically choosing the best course of action.
- Paying attention to what other people are saying, and taking time to understand the points being made.
- Determining how much money is required to get a job done, allocating those monies, and then accounting for all expenditures.
- Using mathematics and/or statistics to solve problems.
- Ability to identify a problem, review related information, develop and evaluate options, and implement a solution.
- The ability to understand complex written paragraphs, instructions, or reports.
- Using logic to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Talking, giving speeches, or speaking in a group to convey information, explain ideas, or give instructions.
- Composing and communicating your ideas in written form.
- Gaining the respect of others by the nature and/or level of responsibility of your work.
- Having a routine job where the duties are very predictable and not likely to change over a long period of time.
- Being able to decide on how to get something done without significant direction from someone else.
- Having a level of income that will afford you with luxuries, and which will allow you to become financially independent.
- Persuading and influencing others to change their attitudes, behavior, and/or opinions.
* National data collected by the Department of Labor in 2014 with projections through 2024. For New York green job information .
* For New York salary data information .
* For New York green job information .
Understanding acquiring positions in this field may be enhanced through continuing academic study (i.e. earning a baccalaureate or a master's degree) and/or work experience in the field, Queensborough Community College has established transfer agreementswith other institutions for students who wish to further pursue their educational goals. Students are highly encouraged to meet with one of our Career Services to fully understand the opportunities available through study in their degree program.