Government Service Executives
||Determine and formulate policies and provide overall direction of Federal, State, local, or international government activities. Plan, direct, and coordinate operational activities at the highest level of management with the help of subordinate managers.
||A.A. Liberal Arts and Sciences
A.S. Liberal Arts and Sciences (Mathematics and Science)
||Employment of government services executives is expected to grow as fast as average through 2018. Large numbers of workers are expected to retire creating demand for new employees.
||Typically, a Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college (some are 5 years) is required to be considered for this occupation.
- Paying attention to what other people are saying, and taking time to understand the points being made.
- The ability to understand complex written paragraphs, instructions, or reports.
- Talking, giving speeches, or speaking in a group to convey information, explain ideas, or give instructions.
- Composing and communicating your ideas in written form.
- Bringing people together to discuss and resolve differences.
- Being aware of the reactions of others, and understanding why they react the way they do.
- Persuading, encouraging and motivating others to accept your ideas.
- Weighing out the options in a situation or a problem and logically choosing the best course of action.
- Ability to identify a problem, review related information, develop and evaluate options, and implement a solution.
- Using logic to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Being able to decide on how to get something done without significant direction from someone else.
- Having a level of income that will afford you with luxuries, and which will allow you to become financially independent.
- Persuading and influencing others to change their attitudes, behavior, and/or opinions.
- Gaining the respect of others by the nature and/or level of responsibility of your work.
- Having a routine job where the duties are very predictable and not likely to change over a long period of time.
* National data collected by the Department of Labor in 2014 with projections through 2024. For New York green job information .
* For New York salary data information .
* For New York green job information .
Understanding acquiring positions in this field may be enhanced through continuing academic study (i.e. earning a baccalaureate or a master's degree) and/or work experience in the field, Queensborough Community College has established transfer agreementswith other institutions for students who wish to further pursue their educational goals. Students are highly encouraged to meet with one of our Career Services to fully understand the opportunities available through study in their degree program.