|OBJECTIVE||To secure a position as (enter position name)|
|EDUCATION||Queensborough Community College
The City University of New York, Bayside, NY
Associate in (Applied Science, Arts, or Science,) Curriculum, anticipated numeric month/year of graduation
Awards and Honors: Indicate type, numeric month/year
GPA: (if 3.0 or higher)
Membership: Indicate position, name of group, year(s)
|EXPERIENCE||(List your jobs in order beginning with the most recent experience include volunteer work and internships.)|
Name of company, Town/City, State (use 2-letter abbreviation)
Provide a brief description of your job duties/responsibilities.
|SKILLS||(Include only those skills applicable to your abilities.)
List the software programs and systems you know.
List language(s) in which you are fluent, other than English.
List three or four adjectives that describe your strengths, i.e., Hardworking, Strong communication skills, Team player.
|List position(s) held, name of organization, and dates of affiliation.|
|AFFILIATIONS||List position(s) held, name of organization, and dates of affiliation.|
|INTERESTS||List leisure-time activities: sports, cultural activities, and hobbies.|
- Open Microsoft Word Document – Click File - Click New Document - Click Blank - OK
- To set margins – Click File - Click Page Set Up – Set all margins at 1” – Click OK – Proceed to enter information (tabs, spacing and paragraphs are automatically set)
- Font should be Times New Roman – Size 12
- To save document on a disk – Put disk in computer - Click File – Click Save As – OK
* Be sure to use the tab key. Do not use the spacebar between the headings and text.
Download the sample layout for Word