MS SQL Server Database Administrator JOB ID# 151239
Description: The Financial Information Services Agency (FISA) is looking for a senior MS SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA) with hands on experience in to provide support of our Timekeeping, HR Payroll and Financial Systems databases for the City of New York. Primary responsibility will be providing DBA Support for our Windows SQL Server database environments. Activities for both will include SQL performance monitoring and tuning, DDL changes, Database backups, Recoveries, Reorgs, Unloads, Loads, Stats, and data refresh of test environments. Individual will work closely with various technical and application teams to prepare, monitor and tune database environments during all phases of implementations.
S/he should be able to find and resolve problems quickly as well as being comfortable opening and working tickets with vendors, ability to code scripts and JCL to automate processes. Other responsibilities will include installation and migration of SQL Server software. Production 24/7 coverage and weekend implementation support are required. Will also need to participate in quarterly disaster recovery tests.
|Type of Opportunity
|Field of Study
||Computer Engineering Technology, Computer Information Systems, Computer Programing
|Special Skills & Requirements
||Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in
Qualification Requirements (continued)
NOTE: The following types of experience are not acceptable: superficial use of preprogrammed software without complex programming, design, implementation or management of the product; use of word processing packages; use of a hand held calculator; primarily the entering or updating of data in a system; the operation of data processing hardware or consoles.
- Extensive practical database administration experience.
- Strong Microsoft Windows and SQL Server background.
- Experience with SQL Server version 2010/2012, database performance tuning, and configuration.
- Experience with IBM DB2, DB2 Connect and Data Studio a plus.
- Strong Communications skills (Oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills are required.
- Candidate should be self-motivated with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Experience working in a government or civil service environment.
- Experience working within a matrix environment.
||Financial Information Services Agency (FISA)
|About the Company:
||Headed by a three-member board appointed by the Mayor, one member recommended by the Mayor, one member recommended by the Comptroller and one member recommended by the other two members. FISA is an information technology services center with all the support facilities needed to provide City officials with Citywide financial, payroll and human resources information.
|How To Apply:
||External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID # 151239.
Back to your search results | Start a new Search