PROBLEM BASED LEARNING
An introduction to PBL, resources, criticism, links
What is PBL? - Introduction and references
PBL materials collection
- Problem Based Learning: An Overview
- Using Case Studies to Teach Subject Matter
- Armstrong E: A hybrid model of problem-based learning. In: Boud D and Feletti G (editors): The challenge of problem-based learning, 137-149. London, Kogan Page, 1991.
- Steve Hunsaker: From teaching to learning - a new paradigm for undergraduate education. Change, June 12, 2012 (also available online at http://www.byui.edu/learning-teaching/articles-and-videos/teaching-to-learning)
- Hmelo-Silver, C. E. (2004). Problem-based learning: What and how do students learn? Educational Psychology Review, 16, 235-266.
- Hmelo-Silver, C. E. & Barrows, H. S. (2006). Goals and strategies of a problem-based learning facilitator. Interdisciplinary Journal of Problem-based Learning, 1. 21-39.
- Schmidt HG: Foundations of problem-based learning: some explanatory notes. Medical Education 27:422-432, 1993.
The Psychological Basis of Problem-based Learning: A Review of the Evidence - A Specital Article by Geoffrey R. Norman, Ph.D., and Henk G. Schmidt, Ph.D. (PDF)